The 581st Air Resupply & Communications Wing was activated om 23 July 1951 at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho. Upon completion of their training, in June 1952, the Wing was deployed to Clark AFB in the Phillipines.
On 8 September 1953, the Wing was reduced to Group strength and the Communications Squadron, Holding & Briefing Squadron, Maintenance Squadron, Motor Vehicle Squadron and Reproduction Squadron were deactivated.
Return to Homepage
Revised: 16 Feb 12