The 582nd Air Resupply and Communications Wing was activated on 14 September 1952 at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho.With their training partially completed, they were relocated to Great Falls AFB, Montana.
On 14 August 1953, the Wing was reduced to Group strength and the Communications Squadron, Holding & Briefing Squadron, Maintenance Squadron, Motor Vehicle Squadron and Reproduction Squadron were deactivated.
Upon completetion of their training, in February 1954, the Group was deployed to Molesworth RAF Station in England.
Return to Homepage
Revised: 16 Feb 12