On 14 August 1953, two of the Squadrons of the 582nd Air Resupply and Communications Wing and several members of Wing Headquarters were formed into the 582nd Air Resupply Group.Upon completetion of their training, in February 1954, the Group was deployed to Molesworth RAF Station in England.
While at Molesworth RAF Station, several addition units were added to the Group. They were: 7582nd Material Squadron, 7582nd Air Base Squadron, 7582nd USAF Infirmary, 801st Engineer Aviation Batalion and Detachment 19, 28th Weather Squadron.
They continued their operations at Molesworth until October 1956 when they were deactivated. Some personnel from the Group were absorbed into the 42nd Troop Carrier Squadron (Medium)(Sprcial) at Molesworth RAF Station and later at Alconbury.
Return to Homepage
Revised: 25 Nov 09